“The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.” ― Jimmy Johnson
Bravo Zulu is a Navy term meaning “well done”. We can’t think of a better name for a distinction for our hospitality partners that go above and beyond. They gave “that little extra”.
The following recipients have been honored for outstanding creativity, partnership, and professionalism demonstrated during the reunion planning process. It is based on military reunion planner input and is reserved as the highest commendation possible for those assisting military reunion planners.
There is no limit to the number of recipients. Military Reunion Planners wishing to make a nomination should send an email to Sharon@militaryreunionnetwork.com with a brief description as to why the recipient is deserving of this honor.
- Tracy Sinclair – Visit Brookfield “Thank you from the 328th Radio Research Reunion! You went above and beyond. It was apparent from our initial conversation that Tracy wanted our reunion to be perfect. She made it her mission to be sure all hospitality partners not only understood but met our needs. Her enthusiasm for Brookfield and military reunions is infectious!”
- Donna Faison- Double Tree by Hilton Norfolk Airport “The USS McCoy Reynolds reunion last year was held at the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport. Donna Faison, Sales Manager, took excellent care of us even though we were probably the smallest group there. Accommodations were great, the sales staff was excellent, the catering staff bent over backward to serve us and the staff at the front desk was very helpful. (They also provided us with yummy warm cookies.) On our last day, the entire staff turned out with US flags to thank us for our service. In every way they were outstanding.” Ray Heller
- Mimi Sion – Doubletree by Hilton Detroit/Dearborn “Our reunion there at the Double Tree, was a resounding success due to the effort of what I call Wonder Woman. Mimi Sion. The one person, one stop, one shop, hotel Ambassador, reunion planners assistant/guide, sales manager, catering Manager and most important, after one conversation, my friend. All while raising a family maybe on her own. – The USS Holder “This is the first reunion we have planned for the USS Kretchmer. Mimi has been very helpful and supportive. She has made great suggestions along the way in planning process based on her experience. We know our event will be a great success! She has been a fantastic partner. We can’t thank her enough for all of her support. – The USS Kretchmer Reunion Committee
- Ruby Turner- Red Lion Hotels Seattle Airport. The USS Sam Houston presented Ruby with a plaque with the following inscription. “Because of the meticulous attention to detail by the sales and catering staffs, all aspects of our reunion were well planned and implemented without a hitch. Not only did this result in a most pleasurable memory for the reunion attendees, but it is also a highly commendable trait of the hospitality industry.”
- Rebecca Woods – Hampton Inn Pensacola Airport/Cordova MallRebecca was very helpful and accommodating. She had great suggestions for our hospitality space that worked out perfectly for our reunion. The staff was so friendly that our group elected to go back next year! – USS Satyr ARL 23
- Melody Thomas – La Quinta Inn and Suites New OrleansThe many former crew members, their respective families, friends and visitors attending the 5th annual USS Somers DD381 (WWII), DD947 & DDG34 reunion at LaQuinta Inns & Suites Downtown, New Orleans, Louisiana in June 2015, were surprised and delighted by the “Can Do” reception we received from Director of Sales, Melody Thomas and the entire staff of LaQuinta. Customer Service is ingrained in every employee we had the pleasure of dealing with. No task or request was denied us and for 5 days we experienced the true meaning & value of “Customer Service”. Melody was a refreshing ray of sunshine, here, there and everywhere. Seeing to our needs ensuring the memories of this reunion will be long-lasting for all attendees. We rewarded their kindness with a plaque that read, in part, “In Recognition and Appreciation for Exemplary Customer Service” with “Special Thanks”. The professionalism exhibited coupled with her experience and her compassion for the business was exhibited early on in our planning stages to our departure that places Melody Thomas at the very top of “Who’s Who” in New Orleans in caring for America’s veterans.We were the reunion planners for the 508 FA Battalion reunion this year, in New Orleans. Although most participants were in their 80’s and there were only 10 of us physically able to attend… we were treated like royalty! Melody Thomas went above and beyond the “call of duty” and welcomed us with a “welcome in” reception. The hotel provided many amenities at no extra charge and the service was excellent. The hotel location was perfect for public transportation and every person we encountered was extremely happy and helpful. Thank you all at LQ…downtown… You are awesome.
- Roxanne Erickson – Tucson CVB
Roxanne came to our reunion to promote Tucson for our next reunion. She spent four days with us. We were amazed by her enthusiasm to be a part of our group. She took it upon herself to volunteer to watch our registration desk so our entire group could go on the tours. Her enthusiasm and support were amazing.
– USS Bon Homme Richard