The hospitality industry breaks down types of business into categories. Military Reunions are a part of the SMERF market.
The Military Reunion Network conducts a market survey each year. Respondents include representatives from CVBs, Hotels, Attractions, Motor Coach Companies, and of course Veterans themselves. Military Reunions are extremely flexible making them attractive to hotels in need of filling need dates.
Here are some of the findings from our most recent Military Reunion Market Survey.
- Approximately 15,000 reunions annually (pre Covid19)
- $150 million annual spend
- Reunion Season April – late October (September peak month)
- Average length four days
- Spend two days of reunion touring local attractions
- Average Attendance 100
- Over 87% of planners are volunteers