In 2013, the Legacy Fund was created as a gift to Paul Spiewak, company founder, from new owner and CEO, Sharon Danitschek. As he approached retirement at 87 years old, it was important for Paul to find the right person or organization to continue the legacy he created in 1991. Sharon was equally focused on protecting the foundation he created. At the St Augustine, Florida ConFAM in November, 2013 the first donation was made. “The Legacy Fund is the perfect way for The Military Reunion Network to support veteran’s organizations at the local level. It will be one of our core values for years to come, and as the new CEO, I am making a commitment to Paul and the network membership to give back to the communities where our events are held.”
In 2014 and 2015, we ran the MRN Operation Happy Holidays, a project to send holiday care packages to active duty military at home and abroad. When all was said and done, we raised enough money to send care packages to Africa, Japan, Iraq, and Afghanistan as well as a few destinations stateside.
It comes as no surprise that COVID19 has critically impacted MRN hospitality partners and as a result, The Military Reunion Network itself. We stand resolute as a community to weather this storm together.
Your donation will go a long way in support of MRN education, events, resources and connections throughout our community.
Our heartfelt thanks to the following donors and organizations for your support of the MRN Legacy Fund and The Military Reunion Network.
- England AFB
- Chairman USS Power DD839
- David Blonstrom VP/USS Navy Cruiser Sailors
- Paul and Kitty Ogg
- Doris Davis in memory of her father and the 79th Inf Div
- Rich Krejsa / 6994th Security Squadron in memory of Tommy Pederson
- USS Manitowoc LST 1180
- 291st Engineer Combat Battalion
- USS Sam Houston Reunion Association
- USS Springfield Bluejackets
- The Navy Divers Association, Inc. in memory of all Navy Divers that have passed away
- Terry Schmidt/USS Henry B. Wilson DDG 7
- David Cregut/USS Foss DE 59
- John and RaeLynne Baker
- USS Oklahoma City Association
- USS Frank Knox
- Ralph and Lucy Sulek/USS Kretchmer DE/DER
- Doyle and Anne Hardy/Pforzhelm Air Station Veterans
The MRN Legacy Fund supports veterans organizations across the country throughout the year. MRN support of the following organizations exceeded $10,000 since 2014.
Organizations like the American Legion and Veterans of Foreign Wars use the contributions to assist veterans in their local communities with items like transportation, payment of utility bills, and holiday gifts for those in need.
Past Legacy Fund recipients include:
- St Augustine VFW Color Guard
- Operation Military Family/Operation Career Boost
- Mystic/Stonington CT VFW Post 1265
- Tin Can Sailors
- American Legion Tucson AZ Post 68
- VFW Color Guard Portland Maine
- American Legion Albuquerque NM Post 13
- American Legion Lake Stevens WA Post 181
- American Legion State of Tennessee Dept Office
- Gallant Few
- Iraq Afghanistan Veterans of America
- Vietnam Veterans of America
- American Legion Colorado Springs CO
- American Legion Harrisburg PA
- American Legion Branson MO
- Snohomish HS JROTC
- Independence Fund/Operation Resiliency
- Warrior 180
- USS Oklahoma City Reunion Association
- Power of One Foundation